Job Number: 101
Position Title: Quality Manager
Provides leadership to the Quality department and plant quality processes and procedures.
Plans, coordinates, and directs quality control program designed to ensure continuous production of products consistent with established standards by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops and analyzes statistical data and product specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy of finished product. Formulates and maintains quality control objectives complementary to corporate policies and goals.
- Creates and implements inspection criteria and procedures.
- Interprets quality control philosophy to key personnel in organization.
- Acts as a Management Quality Representative for the company in any
decision making process that will have an impact on the customer's interests.
- Coordinates objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other plant managers to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Provides inspection activity for product throughout production cycle.
- Demonstrated application of advanced quality tools including SPC, RCCA (Root Cause Corrective Action; i.e. 8D, 5-Why, A3's, or other formats), DOE, Control Plans, MSA/GR&R, PFMEA, and deployment of these tools in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Applies total quality management tools and approaches to analytical and reporting processes within each department.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk to hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. No specific vision abilities are required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This position will have minimum exposure to weather conditions, and assembly area noise levels are moderate to loud.
- Directs workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and products.
- Works with vendors to insure quality of all purchased parts for company use.
- Creates and directs environmental test functions.
- Plays active role on quality management teams within organization.
- Designs and implements quality control training programs to key personnel in conjunction with managers.
- Investigates and adjusts customer complaints regarding quality.
- Analyze Production Parts Approval Processes and Advance Product Quality Planning.
- Analyze Quality Systems (e.g. TS 16949 and ISO 9001)
- Provides an in depth understanding of Cost of Quality.
- Work with purchasing staff to establish quality requirements for external suppliers.
- Maintain awareness of business context and company profitability.
- Analyze performance data and charts against defined parameters.
- Manage the quality inspection and product release programs for incoming and in process material and components processes and finished goods.
- Quality Supervisor
- Quality Engineers
- Quality Techs.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and/or eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical information. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Location: Redford, MI
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Manager
EEO Employer Verbiage: