Job Number: 103
Position Title: Dir of Quality
The Quality Director oversee and help develop all aspects of the Quality System to ensure compliance with regulations and company needs as well as providing a strategic vision of the quality function for the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensures that internal processes and metrics are aligned to create the highest product quality and competitive advantage.
- Formulates and maintains quality control objectives complementary to corporate policies and goals.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to the quality function and ensuring that proper interface of the Quality function to manufacturing.
- Create a strategic vision of the company’s Quality program for each area and ensure adequate deployment.
- Builds up a strong performing Quality organization with a clear vision and mission to support growth and expansion.
- Interprets quality control philosophy to key personnel in organization.
- Review the analysis of all customer returns and excess quality costs reports and ensures that quality problems and trends are identified and that proper corrective actions are implemented.
- Coordinates objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other plant managers to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Responsible for adherence to specifications and procedures that have been established to ensure product quality.
- Managing, coaching, leading and collaborating with staff and Quality Managers
- Assisting Quality Managers and other staff to establish measurable objectives to track process performance.
- Establish initiatives with executive staff to improve organizational performance
- Develops and deploys the Quality management System across the company and ensuring that process and procedures are adhered to and consistent across all functions and facilities.
- Periodically reviews the suitability and effectiveness of the Quality management System with executive management.
- Building strong relationship with customers and ensures that customer requirements are well understood and deployed.
- Work with peer directors and executives to drive continuous improvement initiatives to continually improve product quality.
- Assure that executive staff is informed of any issues that may adversely impact the Quality System.
- Establish and maintain Quality Department budget.
- Provide overall technical quality engineering guidance in the development and qualification of measuring systems.
- Participate in management review meeting in accordance with the provisions of the Quality System
The Quality Manager, Quality Supervisor and Quality Engineers. All quality matters are the responsibility of the Director of Quality internally and externally.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Fifth year college or university program certificate; and/or 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Certified Quality Manager (CQM, Certified Quality Engineer (CQE)
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Products.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Able to interact with internally and externally customers and suppliers.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, with awareness of deadlines.
- Ability to identify processes needing improvement, and to recommend improvements.
- Strategic thinker and planner
Six Sigma certification is preferred but not a requirement and can be obtained from the American Society for Quality.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk to hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. No specific vision abilities are required.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This position will have minimum exposure to weather conditions, and assembly area noise levels are moderate to loud.
Location: Redford, MI
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Director
EEO Employer Verbiage: