Job Number: 110
Position Title: Maintenance Manager
The Maintenance Manager will be responsible for the safe maintenance, repair and/or replacement of plant equipment and systems, to ensure maximum production, quantity and quality. This individual will be expected to lead any advanced trouble shooting or problem solving activities involving the production equipment, processes and facility issues. This individual will also be utilized as the link between Corporate Manufacturing/Controls Engineering and the production facility for all process and controls updates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Make minor operation decisions
- Provide lead troubleshooting ability
- Responsible to transfer all equipment and process documentation to the Production Plant prior to SOP. (This includes all OEM Equipment Documentation (electronic and hard copies of Manuals, BOM, Drawings, recommended spare parts and recommended PM’s).
- Coordinate all process, equipment and controls updates with corporate engineering
- Develop and track maintenance and capital equipment budgets
- Develop schedule and track preventive maintenance for entire facility
- Effectively multitask and prioritize work
- Analyze & calculate machine performance and requirements utilizing the PLC.
- Responsible for the planning, coordination, and implementation and tracking of assigned projects.
- Integrating and networking PC's and PLC's (TCP/IP, Ethernet IP)
- Make minor operation decisions.
- Provide support for Controls related issues, as required, to prevent or minimize production downtime.
- Drive lean concepts (5S, OEE, Kanban, Visual Factory, TPM etc.) throughout the organization.
- Implement process improvements to improve overall efficiencies, including automation.
- Responsible for problem solving and resolution of issues at all sites as directed / or required. Supports team during crisis management.
- Inspect, maintain and repair equipment
- Perform and follow through on regular and preventative maintenance of equipment
- Facility repair work includes basic painting, simple carpentry, routine plumbing repairs and routine or special facility maintenance functions
- Receive work orders & complete in a timely matter
- Follow standard safety procedures, correct safety and environmental hazards and report them to the appropriate supervisor immediately
- May be required to work overtime in emergency situations or when it would be advantageous to perform task at a time other than regular business hours
- All PLC and PLC communication functions
- Interface with Production IT department to ensure smooth system performance and enhancements
- Ensures that maintenance technicians are adequately trained, equipped, and motivated so that maintenance can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner
- Communicates regularly with all maintenance technicians, both individually and as a group, to ensure good two-way communication concerning maintenance issues
- Reviews the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement
- Completes monthly BOS per preventative maintenance completion charts.
- Maintains spare parts inventory, and works with vendors to insure proper stock levels are maintained
- Works with vendors, and suppliers for service, and training
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot secondary high and low voltage electrical systems
- 1st and 2nd Maintenance Technicians will report directly to the Engineering Manager.
- Directly supervises the maintenance staff, assigns and assists technicians as required.
- Bi-annual reports will be required of all direct reports.
- Each manager will have scheduled review meetings to discuss the progress on objectives.
- New objectives will be assigned at that time.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and/or eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge of industrial safety and solutions
- Knowledge of HVAC systems and plumbing
- Strong working knowledge of Manual and Automated Assembly Systems and Technologies, including both mechanical and control systems.
- Strong knowledge in JIT, SPD, ILVS and Batch manufacturing systems. Including broadcast analysis from customer trigger through customer installation.
- Strong Knowledge of Industrial Safety Standards and requirements.
- Strong understanding of the basic theory of industrial control systems.
- Strong experience in PLC programming (Allen Bradley Micro Logic, SLC 500’s, Control Logix 5000processors) for Manual Assembly Cells, Automated Assembly Cells and Power & Free conveyor systems.
- Strong experience in HMI programming (AB Panel View and Panel View Plus)
- Strong knowledge of Ethernet IP & TCP/IP systems
- Knowledge of DC Torque Systems (Tech Motive, Bosch, Atlas Copco)
- Strong knowledge of Vision Systems (Cognex, DVT, Keyence)
- Strong Knowledge of Robotic programming and controls
- Strong Knowledge of industrial safety & solutions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Computer literacy and proficiency are required (advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, Power Point, AutoCAD, RS Logix 5000, RS Logix 500, RS View, ex.).
- Self-motivator who works with minimal direction, makes decisions independently, and is able to motivate others to complete the task at hand.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner
- Knowledge of general building maintenance and repair
- Sufficient mechanical knowledge and experience to identify and correct mechanical malfunctions
- Sufficient electrical knowledge to work with and around AC/DC electrical systems
- Ability to recognize operational inconsistencies and hazards in the workplace and display proper judgement in responding to them
- Ability to read and comprehend instructional manuals, vendor manuals, technical data and work orders
- Ability to perform tasks or functions completely with minimal supervision
- Ability to operate in a team oriented environment
- Ability to perform strenuous physical labor
- Experience with standard office computing systems including Word, Office, Excel, and internet browsers
- Ability to read an electrical printout and troubleshoot
- Proficiency in 480V, 110V, and 24VDC circuits
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Fanuc Robotics, Cognex vision, Arc Flash certificates.
- Engineering Manager must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to apply concepts of basic Algebra and Geometry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- The overall ability to react quickly, rationally and decisively when confronted with major obstacles.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. No specific vision abilities are required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This position will have minimum exposure to weather conditions, and assembly area noise levels are moderate to loud.
“Piston Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.”
Location: Van Buren Township
Community / Marketing Title: Maintenance Manager
EEO Employer Verbiage: