IT ERP Business Analyst
Location: Redford, Michigan US
Job Number: 111
Position Title: IT Business Analyst ERP
The key role of the IT Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Business Analyst is to analyze the business processes and procedures related the Company’s transaction processing requirements and identify ways to improve and automate those processes using our ERP solution. This role is the bridge between the business transaction processing functions and the Company’s ERP solution. The IT ERP Business Analyst focuses on analysis and problem solving as it relates to data, types of data and relationships among data elements within the ERP system as it relates to business requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Interact with the business stakeholders and subject matter experts to understand their data processing requirements
- Gather, document, and analyze business needs and requirements as it relates to the Company’s data processing requirements
- Document the functional and technical design of the processes as it relates to data processing requirements, and relationships among various systems
- Document the types and structure of the business processes and procedures (logical modeling)
- Coordinate the document of the specific business processes and procedures with the Piston BPMS.
- Work with the process owners to understand their requirements to improve and automate how these processes and procedures are performed.
- Develop solutions utilizing the Company’s ERP and related systems to address these requirements to improve and automate how these processes and procedures are performed.
- Work with and manage the ERP Company and other third-party resources and consultants to develop optimal solutions related to the implementation and use of the Company’s ERP solution.
- Design and create data reports and reporting tools to provide information as a result of these process improvements. Identify other reporting and information requirements which can be addressed through the Company’s ERP solution.
- Work with the IT development team to identify, document and build integrations between the MES and other related plant floor systems and the Company’s ERP solution to automate the processes between the plant floor systems and the transaction processing systems.
- Interact with IT Operations and Infrastructure to ensure all network and hardware requirements required to support the ERP solution are implemented and maintained in accordance with the service level agreements related to the ERP solution.
- Interact with IT Operations and Infrastructure to ensure that the plant support specialists are able to support and troubleshoot the ERP system once it is live in their location. This includes providing the required user and support documentation and training required to enable the plant support specialists to provide this report as required to keep the ERP system functioning in accordance with the service level agreements.
- Create ERP system documentation and user manuals
- Participate in the project management of the implementation and enhancement of the ERP solution, including completing project and training documentation, communicating with the business stakeholders, coordinating design and solution sessions with all key business, IT and third-party stakeholders, and ensure the teams are working together to develop the solutions that best address the needs of the Company.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Knowledge and experience using Plex ERP systems in an automotive assembly or manufacturing environment.
- Collects and researches data
- Uses intuition and experience to complement data
- Designs work flows and procedures.
- Translates concepts and information into images
- Uses feedback to modify designs
- Applies design principles
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Has a strong understanding of business processes to enable the evaluation and translation of these process and procedures into optimal business solutions which can be addressed in the ERP solution.
- Understand the basics of the Automotive industry including key EDI processes and requirements, sequencing, and program management.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Develops alternative solution
- Works well in group problem solving situations
- Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses
- Pursues training and development opportunities
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills
- Shares expertise with others.
- Works within approved project budgets
- Develops and implements cost saving measures
- Contributes to profits and revenue
- Conserves organizational resources.
- Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals
- Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses
- Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and/or eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Knowledge of Database software; Design software; Development software; Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software; Report Writer software.
“Piston Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.”
Location: Redford, MI
Community / Marketing Title: IT ERP Business Analyst
EEO Employer Verbiage: