IT Business Analyst -MES
Location: Redford, Michigan US
Job Number: 112
Position Title: IT Business Analyst ERP
The key role of the IT Business Analyst is to analyze the business processes, procedures, organization structure to identify information needs and determine solutions using information technology solutions. This role is the bridge between the business functions and Information Technology. The IT Business Analyst focuses on analysis and problem solving as it relates to data, types of data and relationships among data elements within IT system as it relates to business requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Document the types and structure of the business data (logical modeling)
- Analyze and mine business data to identify patterns and correlations among the various data points
- Map and trace data from system to system to solve a given business or system problem
- Design and create data reports and reporting tools to help business leaders in their decision making
- Work with the business to identify opportunities for improvement in business IT systems as it relates to data, types of data and relationships among data elements
- Design or modify IT systems as it relates to data, types of data and relationships among data elements
- Interact with the business stakeholders and subject matter experts in order to understand their data requirements
- Gather, document, and analyze business needs and requirements as it
- relates to data, types of data and relationships among data elements
- Document the functional and technical design of the system as it relates to data, types of data and relationships among data elements
- Interact with IT Infrastructure and IT Application Developers to ensure systems are properly implemented
- Create system documentation and user manuals
- Ensure the business stakeholders know what they’ll get
- Ensure development team understands what they are supposed to build
- Run daily applications to support production schedule builds – 866 processes.
- Update (add, change, delete) engineering change information in database tables to support the shop floor systems.
- Create/assign Safety Stock Rebuild, rack label, and truck re-configuration.
- Create/assign 9000 Series builds, labels, and truck configurations.
- Create partial shipments to support Material and Production schedule changes
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies
- Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and/or eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Knowledge of Database software; Design software; Development software; Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software; Report Writer software.
“Piston Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.”
Location: Redford, MI
Community / Marketing Title: IT Business Analyst -MES
EEO Employer Verbiage: