Human Resources Generalist -2nd Shift
Location: North Kansas City, Missouri US
Job Number: 113
Position Title: HR Generalist
Human Resources Generalist (2nd Shift)
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Plans and conducts new hourly employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward policies, procedures and company goals.
- Partners with Piston leaders to ensure clear and consistent understanding of the company’s policies and procedures, to improve morale, enhance work relationships, increase productivity and employee retention.
- Partners with Plant and leadership to proactively address and resolve routine and complex problems by applying policy knowledge and experience, facilitating problem solving, providing guidance and advice in a way that integrates with the Plant/business needs.
- Keep records of personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Trains supervisors in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment.
- Evaluates and recommends improvements to HR processes and procedures.
- Advise management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Identifies and clarifies and reports employee issues, evaluate potential solutions to improve employee and supervisor performance.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Fosters a strong and positive work environment through team building, fair policies, procedures, and fostering an open and honest workplace.
- Administer hourly performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within the organization.
- Administer benefits programs such as vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, FMLA, short-term disability, long-term disability, tuition reimbursement, and employee assistance for hourly employees.
- Maintain positive performance, work habits, overall attitude, conduct and demeanor.
- Assist with accident investigations and prepare reports for insurance carrier.
- Prepare layoff notices and manage unemployment claims and compliance.
- Prepare employee separation notices, and related documentation, and conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
“Piston Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.”
Location: North Kansas City, MO
Community / Marketing Title: Human Resources Generalist -2nd Shift
EEO Employer Verbiage: