Production Supervisor - North Kansas City
Location: North Kansas City, Missouri US
Job Number: 114
Position Title: Production Supervisor
The Production Supervisor is responsible for supervising plant employees in a manufacturing and assembly environment. This position plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Educates employees on plant safety requirements and ensures all policies and procedures are being followed when working on the plant floor.
- Reviews daily production requirements and aligns manpower to run assembly operations safely and in the most efficient manner.
- Ensures all production employees are trained in accordance with and following standard work instructions.
- Manages, motivates, and leads production employees to ensure production requirements are met within quality standards and in accordance with customer delivery schedules.
- Conducts shift meetings to review daily activity and to ensure appropriate communications take place between shifts.
- Coaches, counsels, and administers corrective actions to production employees in the enforcement of plant policies, procedures, and plant rules.
- Monitors equipment and progress to schedule attainment and resolves any issues.
- Completes daily safety, production, and quality reports, as required.
- Ensures employees time and attendance are accurate in the system
- Drives continuous improvement initiatives regarding all plant operations.
- Piston Automotive Business Overview
- Piston Automotive Manufacturing Processes (plant specific)
- Finance for Managers (Non-Financial)
- Interviewing Skills
- Safety, Quality, and other Plant Performance Metrics
- Teambuilding: Leading through Influence
- Union Relations
- Coaching, Counseling, and Corrective Action
- Presentation Skills
- Managing Diversity
- Problem Solving
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and/or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
All employees at the Piston Group have the authority to take action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformity. Upon discovering product nonconformity, the employee shall immediately contact their immediate supervisor and or the quality employee with disposition authority.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Green Belt Certification
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
None are required.
None are required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Piston Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
Location: North Kansas City, MO
Community / Marketing Title: Production Supervisor - North Kansas City
EEO Employer Verbiage: