Operations Manager - North Kansas City, MO
Location: North Kansas City, Missouri US
Job Number: 116
Position Title: Operations Manager
Manages all activities related to operations and development of company products by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. This position will be a Key member of the Plant Leadership Team with integral role in developing and continuously improving the culture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet or exceed Piston Automotive goals for: Safety, Productivity, Quality and Continuous Improvement.
- Strong ability to mentor/develop/coach all levels of the organization and drive accountability for performance.
- Support a 7 day/week 3 crew operation.
- Develops operational budgets and drive adherence to performance.
- Drive system adherence, including TS 16949 requirements.
- Creates an environment that encourages active participation of all team members.
- Lead facility in Plant Manger’s absence.
- Creates/sustains a safe work environment throughout the entire plant facility.
- Develops and maintains manufacturing operations business plans to include all program requirements, labor hours, cycle, production costs, and image.
- Establishes production and quality control standards, develops budget and cost controls, and obtains data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products ordered.
- Provides guidance to the development of a manufacturing process plan, including personnel requirements, material needs, subcontract requirements, facility needs, and tooling and equipment needs.
- Ensures all established costs, quality, and delivery commitments are met.
- Coordinates manufacturing activities with all other functions of the organization and suppliers to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
- Reviews production and operating reports and directs the resolution of operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Performs administrative activities associated with the effective management of shop operations, including compiling, storing, and retrieving production data for reports.
- Determines responsibilities of assigned organization and staff positions to accomplish business objectives.
- Trains and ensures all assigned employees are aware of and comply with company, government, and customer policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Other duties assigned as necessary.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and/or eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
None are required. All extra-curricular activities directed to related business field are encouraged for personal growth and development.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- ILVS/JIT/Broadcast environments. Experience with Lean Manufacturing concepts (Toyota Production System, etc.), and knowledge of TS 16949 quality process.
- Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities and excellent analytical and problem solving skills are essential.
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal, experience as a change agent, problem solving methodologies (8D, 5 Why, etc.) and ability to work with diverse team at all levels within the organization.
Location: North Kansas City, MO
Community / Marketing Title: Operations Manager - North Kansas City, MO
EEO Employer Verbiage: