Controls Engineering is responsible for creating, documenting, developing, and improving upon the control systems that are essential to the production processes. Involvement will range from initial project sourcing all the way through SOP, or as required, on new projects and quoting and implementation of engineering changes for current production products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Provide Controls expertise to help in tooling design and automation for new projects and process changes driven by product engineering changes.
• Help establish design goals, process and equipment specifications for Controls and Electrical power distribution systems.
• Analyze & calculate machine performance and requirements utilizing the PLC.
• Responsible for the planning, coordination, implementation and tracking of various controls projects.
• Develop and track capital investment budgets for assigned projects.
• Main interface with automation and capital equipment vendors for control solutions.
• Provide controls guidance in equipment selection, overall operations and future expansion.
• Integrating and networking PC's and PLC's (TCP/IP, Ethernet)
• Make minor operation decisions.
• Drive lean concepts (OEE, Kanban, Visual Factory, TPM etc.) throughout the organization. Implement process improvements.
• Supports program meetings (both internally and with the Customer) as required and/or requested.
• Supports the APQP activities assigned through the Program Management group.
• Supports all controls related communication internally and with the vendors.
• Works with the program team (internally and with the Customer) to develop and launch products into production.
• Provide guidance to Maintenance Technicians as time allows helping develop skillsets and strengthen the Engineering Team.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform the job successfully the individual should have;
• Strong understanding of the basic theory of industrial control systems.
• Strong experience in PLC programming (Allen Bradley Micro Logic, SLC 500’s, Control Logix 5000 processors) for Manual Assembly Cells, Automated Assembly Cells and Power & Free conveyor systems.
• Strong experience in HMI programming (AB Panel view and Panel view Plus)
• Strong knowledge of Ethernet IP / TCP/IP systems
• Knowledge of DC Torque Systems (Tech Motive, Bosch, Atlas Capco)
• Strong knowledge of Vision Systems (Cognex, DVT, Keyence)
• Strong Knowledge of Robotic programming and controls
• Strong Knowledge of industrial safety & solutions.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Computer literacy and proficiency are required (advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, Power Point, AutoCAD, RS Logix 5000, RS Logix 500, RS View, ex.).
• Self-motivator who works with minimal direction, makes decisions independently, and is able to motivate others to complete the task at hand.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Piston Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.