Maintenance Technician II - Evening Shift (5:00 p.m. - 3:30 a.m.)
Location: Toledo, Ohio US
Job Number: 123
Position Title: Maintenance Tec II
The Maintenance Technician II has the responsibility to inspect, maintain, and repair equipment. Complete work orders in a timely manner.
Job Knowledge Requirements: The following list gives all prerequisite knowledge required to complete the tasks for this job description.
- Good communications skills
- Knowledge of general building maintenance and repair
- Sufficient mechanical knowledge and experience to identify and correct mechanical malfunctions
- Sufficient electrical knowledge to safely work with & around AC/DC electrical systems
- Ability to recognize operational inconsistencies and hazards in the work place and display proper judgment in responding to them
- Ability to read and comprehend instructional manuals, vendor manuals, technical data and work orders
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to perform tasks or functions completely with minimal supervision
- Ability to operate in a team oriented environment
- Ability to perform strenuous physical labor
- Experience with standard office computing systems including Word, Office, Excel, and internet browsers
- Ability to read an electrical printout and troubleshoot
- Proficiency in 480V, 110V, and 24VDC circuits
Job Specific Tasks
- Inspect, maintain and repair equipment
- Perform and follow through on regular and preventative maintenance of equipment
- Facility repair work includes basic painting, simple carpentry, routine plumbing repairs and routine or special facility maintenance functions
- Receive work orders & complete in a timely matter
- Follow standard safety procedures, correct safety and environmental hazards and report them to the appropriate supervisor immediately
- May be required to work overtime in emergency situations or when it would be advantageous to perform task at a time other than regular business hours
- Troubleshoot all PLC and PLC communication functions
- Interface with Production IT department to ensure smooth system performance and enhancements
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot secondary high and low voltage electrical systems
Education and/or experience:
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and/or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. 3-5 years of experience preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- PLC troubleshooting
- Strong electrical background
- Ethernet 5000
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk to hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
This job has the following special vision requirements:
- Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less) distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more)
- Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors)
- Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point)
- Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships)
- Ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This position will have minimum exposure to weather conditions, and assembly area noise levels are moderate to loud.
Piston Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
Location: Toledo, OH
Community / Marketing Title: Maintenance Technician II - Evening Shift (5:00 p.m. - 3:30 a.m.)
EEO Employer Verbiage: